The Wisconsin Region of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR-Region 9) has produced a Wisconsin toolkit to raise awareness about a modern-day form of slavery, human trafficking. The parish-based toolkit, which is endorsed by Wisconsin’s bishops, is intended for use in adult faith formation, pro-life/social concerns groups, and interfaith dialogues. Materials can be adapted for educating teens.
The complete toolkit is available free of charge at the Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Cross website, http://www.gbfranciscans.org/
- A resource sheet of Wisconsin anti-human trafficking speakers, advocacy groups, websites, and social media sites.
- Cards with the national anti-trafficking hotline, 1-888-373-7888.
- Two DVDs that focus on sex trafficking.
- Wisconsin-based infographics about sex trafficking and labor trafficking.
- A PowerPoint presentation on human trafficking in Wisconsin.
- A facilitator’s guide.